Friday, 31 August 2018

BELGIUM: RCS Brainois

Stade Gaston Reiff, Braine-l'Alleud = Eigenbrakel (RCS Brainois)

Belgium, province: Walloon Brabant

26 VIII 2018 / CS Brainois - Olympic FC Stockel 3-1 / ACFF Div. 3A (= BE level 5)

Note 1: the ground in Braine-l'Alleud/Eigenbrakel has been named after the man who arguably was the town's most renowned citizen, Gaston Reiff (1921-1992); Reiff won the 5000m gold medal at the London Olympics in 1948, defeating, amongst others, the legendary Emil Zátopek. Near the entrance of the ground, a statue in his honour has been erected (cp. last picture in this series). From that same side, the so-called Lion's Mound can be seen in the background, a conical artificial hill constructed as a memorial of the Battles of Quatre Bras and Waterloo in 1815 (cp. second-last photo).

Note 2: a video resumé of the match I attended (including one wonderful goal) can be found by clicking this link.























All photos: (c) W.B. Tukker / www.extremefootballtourism.blogspot.com. Publication of any of these images only after permission of author

Sunday, 26 August 2018

BELGIUM: RES Dalhemoise

Stade Fernand Fassotte, Dalhem (R Etoile Sportive Dalhemoise)

Belgium, province: Liège = Luik

23 VIII 2018 / RES Dalhem - Etoile Elsautoise B 3-4 / Liège, Provincial Cup for P3 & P4 teams

Note: RES Dalhemoise, formed in 1921, have played at their current ground from 1968 onwards.
















All photos: (c) W.B. Tukker / www.extremefootballtourism.blogspot.com. Publication of any of these images only after permission of author

Saturday, 25 August 2018

BELGIUM: Racing Club Saint-Hubert (1941-1973) / RFC Saint-Hubert (1973-)

Rue des Prés, Saint-Hubert = Sint-Hubertus (RFC Saint-Hubert, formerly RC Saint-Hubert)


Belgium, province: Luxembourg

21 VIII 2018 / FC Saint-Hubert - RC Mormont B 0-1 / Belgian Luxembourg, Provincial Cup R1

Note 1: Racing Club Saint-Hubert, founded in 1941, merged with Olympic Club Saint-Hubert in 1973, forming RFC Saint-Hubert. Whilst OC's premises were abandoned and later removed, all football moved to Racing Club's ground at Rue des Prés. Later onwards, after the demise of Standard Club Arville (2010), RFC Saint-Hubert took over Arville's ground for training purposes and lower team matches.

Note 2: non-matchday photos (= pictures 1-5) date back to April 2013.

























All photos: (c) W.B. Tukker / www.extremefootballtourism.blogspot.com. Publication of any of these images only after permission of author